Thursday, September 16, 2010

DARPA developing mind control

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/14/darpa-seeks-out-remote-controls-for-soldiers-minds/

This is absolutely terrifyingly awesome. Given our admittedly fuzzy and macroscopic understanding of brain function (the amygdala does fear? or anger? or something like that), the possibilities are limited. For the moment. I don't know much about the spatial resolution of ultrasound brainzapper waves, but I do know a fair bit about brain function, and how gol-dang fast we're figuring it out.
I'm not saying we need to take to the streets. I'm not even saying this is a bad thing, although at first glance it gave me the willies. In fact, I'm not even saying part of me isn't itching to be a part of this. What I am saying is that it's important to be aware. So, here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment