Friday, October 7, 2011

Essential Answers

I thought it would be interesting to start a series of posts I'm going to call "essential answers" - the things that everybody should be able to prove off the tops of their heads, but maybe they can't. That is, the established facts that remain controversial because of pervasive ignorance. I'll post a topic, along with the clearest evidence I've found, and then maybe other people can help me out by giving their perspectives? Also, I'm pretty sure I have a readership of about four, so this might not work. We'll see.

Some topics I'm considering:


  • Climate change is happening, it's a threat to our way of life, and it's our fault.
  • Species evolve according to Darwinian principles of natural selection.
  • The Earth is billions of years old.
  • Most religious texts are self-contradictory.
  • Humans have walked on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment